Printout from Bridging the Years:

St Catherine's Church Barton - Upon - Irwell

St Catherine's Church Barton - Upon - Irwell

T1970. Alongside the Southern bank of the Ship Canal, close to the swing aqueduct at Barton, stood two churches. One church was All Saints' Roman Catholic Church, the other was Saint Catherine's Church. St Catherine's graveyard contained Marshall Steven's memorial vault. Stevens had moved from his position as General Manager for the Manchester Ship Canal to become Managing Director of Trafford Park Estates in 1897. St Catherine's was later demolished in the 1970s, however the memorial vault still stands in the graveyard.
PublisherTrafford Metropolitan Borough Council
Contributor
Creatorpersonalname - Unknown
Datecreation - 1907
TypePhotograph - Black and White
Formatdimension.H - 101mm
dimension.W - 127mm
IdentifierT.UR.D.283.CAT.
SourceTrafford Local Studies Centre
LanguageEN
Relation
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - St Catherine's Church, Barton (O.S. Ref: 376659, 397400)
RightsUnknown