Printout from Bridging the Years:

Royal Ordnance Factory, Patricroft, formerly Nasmyth's First Engineering Works

Royal Ordnance Factory, Patricroft, formerly Nasmyth's First Engineering Works

T1654. James Nasmyth was an acclaimed engineer. He is best known as the inventor of the steam hammer. He moved to Manchester in 1834 and in 1836 he moved his premises to Patricroft, next to the Bridgewater Canal. His Bridgewater Foundry building later became a Royal Ordnance Factory. This photograph of the building was taken in the 1960s during a Worsley Cruising Club Rally, the vessel in the foreground taking part in the event.
Publisher
ContributorMrs Elsie Mullineux
Creatorpersonalname - Frank Mullineux
Datecreation - 1967-10-08
TypePhotographic prints - Black and White
Formatdimension.H - 89mm
dimension.W - 90mm
Identifier4705
SourceSalford City Archive / The Frank Mullineux Collection
LanguageEN
Relation
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Patricroft, Eccles, Salford
RightsMrs Elsie Mullineux