Printout from Aviation Heritage:

West Works Hangars

West Works Hangars

G1381. An interior view of West Works, the WW1 Aircraft Acceptance Park , showing the Belfast roof trusses, a distinctive form of construction. These were brick pillars supporting wooden Belfast roof trusses. This method was introduced by McTear & Co Ltd of Dublin. They ceased trading in 1903 and the method was continued by others, one being D Anderson & Co Ltd of Belfast. The Belfast truss was economical to produce and consisted of of a curved laminated upper cord and laminated criss cross pattern between the two members. This building was demolished in 1995.
PublisherRolls-Royce plc
ContributorRolls-Royce Plc
Creatorcorporatename - Rolls Royce Plc
Datealteration - Circa 1995
TypePhotographic prints - Colour
Formatdimension.H - 20cm
dimension.W - 20cm
IdentifierR95.0792.12
SourceRolls Royce plc
LanguageEN
Relation
Coverageperiod - WW1
Location.Creation Site - Filton
RightsRolls-Royce plc