Printout from The Last Main Line:

4-4-2T locomotive No. 7418 at Chalfont & Latimer Station

4-4-2T locomotive No. 7418 at Chalfont & Latimer Station

L2654. Photographed at Chalfont & Latimer Station on the Underground's Metropolitan line in July 1948, this is the London & North Eastern Railway's 4-4-2T locomotive No. 7418. It is hauling a Chesham branch train formed of three Ashbury cars, one of which is a converted electric motor coach. In 1960 the line to Chesham and Amersham was electrified, thus bringing to an end the need for L.N.E.R. (and later British Railways) steam power on the Metropolitan line.
qkw4-4-2 locomotive
alt_title
themesengineering achievements and industrial archaeology
subjectEngines - Steam engines
railway coaches - railway carriages
Railway Companies - London & North Eastern Railway
Railway Companies - London Transport
Railway Companies - Metropolitan Railway
railway facilities - railway stations
railway facilities - semaphore signals
railway locomotives - main line locomotives
Publisher
ContributorLondon's Transport Museum
Creatorpersonalname - Goudie, F. W. (photographer)
Datecreation - 1948-07-16
TypeDigital images - Scanned
Formatdimension.W - 203mm
dimension.H - 152mm
resolution - 300 dpi
IdentifierLondon's Transport Museum - 1998/ 84231
SourceLondon's Transport Museum
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - Black and white print
Coveragepoint - 1948-07-16
Location.Current Repository - London's Transport Museum
Location.Creation Site - Chalfont & Latimer Station, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 499600 197600)
RightsLondon's Transport Museum