Printout from The Last Main Line:

Goods shed at Quorn & Woodhouse Station, Leicestershire

Goods shed at Quorn & Woodhouse Station, Leicestershire

L2150. Photographed looking north east in June 1975, this is the disused goods shed at Quorn & Woodhouse. In common with many other stations on the Last Main Line, provision was made here for an extensive goods yard. Somewhat ironically, these sidings were never fully utilised during the lifetime of the Railway, but the Great Central preserved line now finds the space to be considerably useful. Note the unfinished brickwork on the corner of the building, thought to have been left so that an extension could be keyed in if required.
qkwGoods Shed
alt_title
themesengineering achievements and industrial archaeology
subject
buildings - Abandoned buildings
Railway Companies - Great Central Railway
railway facilities - railway shops & yards
railway facilities - railway stations
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Hartley, R. F.
Datecreation - 1975-06-14
TypePhotographs - Black and White
Formatdimension.H - 127mm
dimension.W - 177mm
IdentifierDE 1897/250
SourceRecord Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - DE 1897
copy of - Original Negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Quorn, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 454900 316200)
point - 1975-06-14
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
RightsHartley, R. F.