Printout from The Last Main Line:

Lutterworth station, Leicestershire

Lutterworth station, Leicestershire

L1714. The newly completed Great Central Railway station at Lutterworth, Leicestershire, circa 1899. As with all but three of the Last Main Line's stations, Lutterworth was built to an 'island' design where the two lines of permanent way ran either side of the platform. Topham, Jones & Railton was the contractor responsible for building this section of the Railway (Contract No.3, Aylestone to Rugby).
qkwRailway Station
alt_title
themesengineering achievements and industrial archaeology
subject
Railway Companies - Great Central Railway
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1899
TypePhotographic prints - black and white
Photographs - 
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - M 5/5
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Lutterworth, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 454800 284400)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1899
RightsLeicestershire County Council