Printout from The Last Main Line:

Temporary bridge and construction of Victoria Station, Nottingham

Temporary bridge and construction of Victoria Station, Nottingham

L1708. A temporary bridge spans the site of Victoria Station, Nottingham, circa 1897. Logan & Hemingway built the Nottingham section of the Railway (Annesley to Leake) between 1894 and 1899. However, work on Victoria Station, undertaken by Henry Lovatt & Co. of Wolverhampton, did not begin until 1896 and was not completed until May 1900, more than twelve months after the London Extension had carried its first passenger train.
qkwTemporary Bridge
alt_title
themesengineering achievements and industrial archaeology
subjectBridges - railway bridges
Bridges - Temporary bridges
building materials - Bricks
Railway Companies - Great Central Railway
railway facilities - railway stations
railway tracks - contractor's railway
railway wagons - Tipping wagons
railways - railway construction & maintenance
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographic prints - black and white
Photographs - 
Formatdimension.W - 161mm
dimension.H - 118mm
IdentifierNewton - M 4/9B
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Victoria Station, Nottingham (O.S. Ref: 457300 340300)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council