Printout from The Last Main Line:

Former contractors' saddletank locomotive, SIR BERKELEY.

Former contractors' saddletank locomotive, SIR BERKELEY.

L1109. Manning Wardle & Co. built, 0-6-0 saddletank (Class L), No. 1210 of 1890. It began life as number '30' in the Logan & Hemingway fleet and worked on the London Extension construction in the Nottingham area. Renumbered '10', the locomotive saw further use in the south-west before being sold to the Cranford ironstone Quarries where it was named SIR BERKELEY. Today the locomotive belongs to the Vintage Carriages Trust and is based on the Middleton Railway in Leeds. It is seen here at Weybourne station on the North Norfolk Railway, in the company of a agricultural traction engine built by William Foster of Lincoln. The coach behind the locomotive is a former Metropolitan Railway brake third, No. 427 of 1910.
qkw0-6-0 contractor's locomotive
alt_titleFormer contractors' saddletank locomotive, SIR BERKELEY.
themesengineering achievements and industrial archaeology
socio-economic context
subjectrailway coaches - bogie coaches
railway facilities - railway stations
railway locomotives - contractor's locomotive
railway stations - platforms
Vehicles - traction engines
PublisherThe Vintage Carriages Trust
Contributor
Creatorcorporatename - The Vintage Carriages Trust
Datecreation - Unknown
TypePhotographs - Colour
Formatdimension.H - 112mm
dimension.W - 150mm
Identifier
SourceThe Vintage Carriages Trust
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - Original Negative
part of - The Vintage Carriages Trust Archive
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Unknown
Location.Current Repository - The Vintage Carriages Trust, Ingrow, West Yorkshire
RightsThe Vintage Carriages Trust