Printout from The Last Main Line:

Completed viaduct at High Wycombe

Completed viaduct at High Wycombe

L3163. An attractive view of the four completed arches of High Wycombe viaduct, the handsome structure which carried the Great Western & Great Central Joint line. The previous viaduct to occupy this site, which had hitherto carried a single line of the Great Western Railway, was rebuilt to accommodate the wider formation required by the joint arrangement. The permanent way has been laid and ballasted, and this part of the line is almost ready for traffic. From this point, it was just a short journey south to the town's station.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1903
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 160mm
dimension.W - 212mm
IdentifierNewton - 103/10
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 486400 193300)
period - circa 1903
RightsLeicestershire County Council