Printout from The Last Main Line:

West Wycombe signal box and station

West Wycombe signal box and station

L3158. Photographed around 1905 from the centre of a watery trackbed, two railwaymen pose for Newton's camera at West Wycombe signal box. Linking the station platforms beyond is a plate steel pedestrian bridge. West Wycombe was an existing stop on the Great Western Railway and became part of the Great Western & Great Central Joint line when an alternative route into the capital was secured for the London Extension in 1898, and opened for passenger traffic in April 1906.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1905
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 160mm
dimension.W - 212mm
IdentifierNewton - 103/4
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - West Wycombe, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 486900 193000)
period - circa 1905
RightsLeicestershire County Council