Printout from The Last Main Line:

Braunston & Willoughby Station

Braunston & Willoughby Station

L3028. Looking south along London Road (A45) towards the double span girder bridge (no. 468) that carried the Last Main Line into the Great Central's Braunston & Willoughby Station. Two separate spans were required because the twin tracks of the line split on their approach to pass either side of the single island platform. Passengers reached the station buildings, seen here on the right, via a flight of steps that led up from the centre of the bridge abutment.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1900
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 32/7
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Willoughby, Warwickshire (O.S. Ref: 452400 267200)
period - circa 1900
RightsLeicestershire County Council