Printout from The Last Main Line:

Bridge 466 - Willoughby

Bridge 466 - Willoughby

L3027. Looking north along the permanent way towards bridge no. 466, a plate girder structure which was built by T. Oliver & Son to carry the Willoughby to Barby road over the London Extension. The ballast has not yet been swept evenly over the sleepers, but this section of the Line appears to be ready for traffic. For a mile and a quarter north of this point, the railway ran parallel with the Oxford Canal: Willoughby Wharf was located just yards to the east of this bridge.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1898
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 32/6
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Willoughby, Warwickshire (O.S. Ref: 452300 268000)
period - circa 1898
RightsLeicestershire County Council