Printout from The Last Main Line:

Brick arch occupation bridge near Wolfhampcote

Brick arch occupation bridge near Wolfhampcote

L3024. Bridge no. 477, a brick arch occupation structure with elegant curved wing walls that was built to carry the Last Main Line across a farm track approximately half a mile south west of Wolfhampcote, Warwickshire. This was the first bridge south of the Great Central span over the London & North Western Railway's Weedon to Leamington branch. A laden hay cart appears to be waiting under the arch. Note the unusual metal handrails which are fixed to the parapet and wing walls.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1899
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 32/2
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Wolfhampcote, Warwickshire (O.S. Ref: 452400 264700)
period - circa 1899
RightsLeicestershire County Council