Printout from The Last Main Line:

Girder bridge and church at Woodford Halse

Girder bridge and church at Woodford Halse

L3020. Looking east at the girder bridge (no. 496) that carried the Last Main Line across Byfield Road, Woodford. The wooden parapet is a temporary feature, and more girders would be required before the span is complete. Woodford's parish church, St. Mary's, has been framed between the abutments.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 31/3
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Woodford, Northamptonshire (O.S. Ref: 454000 253000)
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council