Printout from The Last Main Line:

Brick arch bridge at Woodford Station

Brick arch bridge at Woodford Station

L3018. Looking along Station Road at the two brick arches that carried the Great Central's Last Main Line into Woodford Halse Station. Two spans were required because the twin tracks of the line split on their approach to pass either side of the station's single island platform. In common with many other stops on the London Extension, the station itself was reached via a staircase that led up from the abutment of the bridge. Note the wooden centring that has still to be removed from the furthest arch.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 31/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Woodford, Northamptonshire (O.S. Ref: 454000 252500)
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council