Printout from The Last Main Line:

Girder bridge and station site at Rugby

Girder bridge and station site at Rugby

L2998. Looking north towards bridge no. 455, a girder structure built by T. Oliver & Son to carry Hilmorton Road across the Great Central station at Rugby, Warwickshire. Eventually, this bridge would provide passengers with access to the station's 600 ft long island platform. On the left are some of the brick arches that were built to support the main station building, which, unusually, was constructed as an additional part of the bridge. Note the wooden panels that are being employed as temporary parapets.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 29/2
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Rugby Central Station, Rugby, Warwickshire (O.S. Ref: 451300 274900)
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council