Printout from The Last Main Line:

Church House, Charwelton

Church House, Charwelton

L2987. Photographed around 1897, this is a side view of Church House, Charwelton, one of many rural properties that Newton photographed during his expeditions along the route of the Last Main Line. Note the croquet hoops placed on the lawn of the walled garden.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 27/12
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Charwelton, Northamptonshire (O.S. Ref: 454400 255400)
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council