Printout from The Last Main Line:

Contractor's depot and station site at Charwelton

Contractor's depot and station site at Charwelton

L2962. Looking south along two lines of temporary railway at a contractor's depot on the site of Charwelton Station. Visible beyond is the double span brick and girder overbridge (bridge no. 490) that would eventually cross the main line permanent way, and a staircase from which would bring passengers onto the station's single island platform. Either side of this primitive trackbed are a range of temporary outbuildings, tipping wagons, bricks and timber.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 25/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Charwelton, Northamptonshire (O.S. Ref: 453600 256200)
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council