Printout from The Last Main Line:

Girder bridge over the L.N.E.R. at Wolfhampcote

Girder bridge over the L.N.E.R. at Wolfhampcote

L2950. Built by T. Oliver & Son as part of Contract No.4 (Rugby to Woodford), this plate girder bridge near Wolfhampcote carried the Great Central's Last Main Line across the Weedon-Leamington branch of the London & North Western Railway. The vertical timbers are not permanent stanchions, and would have been removed as the bridge neared completion.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 23/5
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Wolfhampcote, Warwickshire (O.S. Ref: 452400 265000)
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council