Printout from The Last Main Line:

Brick arch bridge north of Culworth Station

Brick arch bridge north of Culworth Station

L2918. A brick arch bridge spans the newly laid permanent way at a cutting north of Culworth Station, Northamptonshire. Note the sleepers piled beside the line, and the name of 'Walter Scott & Co.' that is written on the nearest of the mineral wagons laden with hardcore: this was the firm responsible for building Contracts No. 5 & 6 of the Last Main Line (Woodford to Quainton Road).
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - S. W. A Newton
Datecreation - circa 1898
TypePhotographs - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 162mm
dimension.W - 216mm
IdentifierNewton - 15/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Location.Creation Site - Culworth, Northamptonshire (O.S. Ref: 456100 249000)
period - circa 1898
RightsLeicestershire County Council