Printout from The Last Main Line:

Quainton Road Station, Buckinghamshire

Quainton Road Station, Buckinghamshire

L2622. Photographed looking south in 1934, this is the principal station building at Quainton Road. Although the Aylesbury & Buckinghamshire Railway had opened a station on the site in 1868, this building was erected in 1899 by its then owners, the Metropolitan Railway. In that year, the Great Central Railway opened its London Extension mainline, and Quainton Road marked the point at which it and the existing Metropolitan network met. The building now forms a major part of the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre.
Publisher
ContributorLondon's Transport Museum
Creatorattribution - Topical Press
Datecreation - 1934-02-06
TypeDigital images - Scanned
Formatdimension.H - 152mm
dimension.W - 203mm
resolution - 300 dpi
IdentifierLondon's Transport Museum - 1998/ 25124
SourceLondon's Transport Museum
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - Black and white print
Coveragepoint - 1934-02-06
Location.Current Repository - London's Transport Museum
Location.Creation Site - Quainton Road Station, Quainton, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 473800 219000)
RightsLondon's Transport Museum