Printout from The Last Main Line:

Finmere Station, Oxfordshire

Finmere Station, Oxfordshire

L2522. Photographed looking north in June 1904, three railwaymen pose for Newton's camera from the platform of Finmere Station. Built on an embankment to a design typical of the London Extension, the station was situated next to bridge 541, the structure that carried the Railway across the main Buckingham to Bicester Road (now the A4421). Lying more than a mile to the south west of Finmere village, the station was actually closer to Newton Purcell.
Publisher
ContributorEnglish Heritage - National Monuments Record
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - 1904-06
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Format
IdentifierNational Monuments Record - BB98/ 05550
SourceAlfred Newton and Son Collection - National Monuments Record
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - Alfred Newton and Son Collection - National Monuments Record
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Finmere, Oxfordshire (O.S. Ref: 463000 231200)
Location.Current Repository - National Monuments Record, Swindon
period - 1904-06
RightsEnglish Heritage - National Monuments Record