Printout from The Last Main Line:

Site of Bulwell Forest Station, Nottinghamshire

Site of Bulwell Forest Station, Nottinghamshire

L2463. Photographed looking south towards Nottingham around 1897, this rock cutting marks the site of Bulwell Station. S. W. A. Newton's notes refer to this as Bulwell Forest Station, but the Great Central station on this site was in fact called Bulwell Common. Just visible at the end of the cutting on the right of the photograph is the jib of a steam powered crane.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 116mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - Z 2/8
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Bulwell, Nottinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 454900 345000)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council