Printout from The Last Main Line:

Girder bridge near Hucknall, Nottinghamshire

Girder bridge near Hucknall, Nottinghamshire

L2461. Built by Logan & Hemingway as part of Contract No.1 (Annesley to Leake), this is the girder underbridge that carried the London Extension across the Linby to Hucknall road. According to S. W. A. Newton's original notes, one of the buildings visible beyond is a Midland Railway's signal box: the Great Central crossed the Midland just north of this position. Note the bridge's lattice work iron parapet: a typical feature of the Last Main Line.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 116mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - Z 2/6
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Hucknall, Nottinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 453100 350600)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council