Printout from The Last Main Line:

Signal box and permanent way on the Banbury Branch

Signal box and permanent way on the Banbury Branch

L2236. Looking along the permanent way towards a signal box on the nearly completed Banbury Branch, photographed close to Culworth, Northamptonshire. Built between 1897-1900, this line left the London Extension south of Woodford and headed on to Banbury where it connected with the Great Western Railway. Note that a particularly generous level of ballast has been packed over the sleepers.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1900
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 160mm
IdentifierNewton - R 5/2
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Culworth, Northamptonshire (O.S. Ref: 453600 247200)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1900
RightsLeicestershire County Council