Printout from The Last Main Line:

Signal box and footbridge near High Wycombe Station

Signal box and footbridge near High Wycombe Station

L2226. The twin tracks of the Great Western & Great Central Joint Line pass beneath a girder footbridge north of High Wycombe Station, Buckinghamshire. On the right, two railwaymen pose for Newton's camera from the windows of Wycombe's middle signal box. This section of the Joint Railway (Princes Risborough to High Wycombe) was built by Mackay & Davies of Cardiff between 1901-1905.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1905
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - R 2/5
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 486800 193100)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1905
RightsLeicestershire County Council