Printout from The Last Main Line:

Princes Risborough junction and signal box

Princes Risborough junction and signal box

L2201. Looking north towards Princes Risborough junction on the Great Western & Great Central Joint Line, circa 1905. On the left, three railwaymen pose for Newton's camera. Beyond them is a signal box. Note the point rodding in the foreground, and the large bank of telegraph wires on the far right of the photograph. Mackay & Davies was the contractor responsible for building this section of the Joint Line (High Wycombe to Princes Risborough).
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1905
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 120mm
dimension.W - 160mm
IdentifierNewton - Q 2/4
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 479900 202900)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1905
RightsLeicestershire County Council