Printout from The Last Main Line:

Bridge 398 at Whetstone Station

Bridge 398 at Whetstone Station

L1999. This photograph of Bridge 398 was taken looking east along Station Street in Whetstone. The bridge was made up of two parallel girder spans on brick abutments, with access to Whetstone Station being provided via an entrance in the centre of the right-hand (southern) abutment. A staircase would have led up from this entrance to the standard island platform above. Today in 2003, the bridge has been erased from existence, with both abutments having been removed and the northern embankment cut back. The southern part of the embankment that supported the station has been levelled and replaced with houses.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Hartley, R. F.
Datecreation - 1977-05
TypePhotographs - Black & White
Formatdimension.H - 127mm
dimension.W - 177mm
IdentifierDE 1897/99
SourceRecord Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - DE 1897
copy of - Original Negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Station Street, Whetstone, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 455600 297700)
period - 1977-05
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
RightsHartley, R. F.