Printout from The Last Main Line:

Bridge 424 in Lutterworth, Leicestershire

Bridge 424 in Lutterworth, Leicestershire

L1948. Bridge 424 was a small girder, occupation underbridge built just to the south of Lutterworth Station. Like many of the similar bridges on the London Extension, Bridge 424 had a criss-cross lattice parapet that still survives in this May 1977 view. However, the parapet has managed to receive the attention of 'MARK'. Standing prominently in the background is St. Mary's Church, renowned for its association with John Wycliffe who first translated the Bible into English in the 14th Century. Wycliffe was the rector of the church between 1374 and 1384.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Hartley, R. F.
Datecreation - 1977-05
TypePhotographs - Black & White
Formatdimension.H - 127mm
dimension.W - 177mm
IdentifierDE 1897/48
SourceRecord Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - DE 1897
copy of - Original Negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Lutterworth, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 454800 284300)
period - 1977-05
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
RightsHartley, R. F.