Printout from The Last Main Line:

Bridge 450 - Rugby Viaduct

Bridge 450 - Rugby Viaduct

L1912. One of the piers of Rugby Viaduct - Bridge 450 - as seen in June 1977. The structure was built from hard, blue engineering bricks called Staffordshire Blues. Dressed stone blocks were used to support the springing of the five course brick arches. Such materials were used throughout the construction of the London Extension, with nearly all bridges and viaducts incorporating them. Of note in this picture is the projecting portion of the parapet, which formed a recess to allow workmen to stand clear of passing trains.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Hartley, R. F.
Datecreation - 1977-06
TypePhotographs - Black & White
Formatdimension.H - 127mm
dimension.W - 177mm
IdentifierDE 1897/12
SourceRecord Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - DE 1897
copy of - Original Negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Rugby, Warwickshire (O.S. Ref: 451700 276000)
period - 1977-06
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
RightsHartley, R. F.