Printout from The Last Main Line:

The remains of Rugby Central Station road bridge

The remains of Rugby Central Station road bridge

L1903. Beneath the Hilmorton Road bridge (455) at the old Rugby Central Station in June 1977. The brick vaulting between the bridge girders can be clearly seen, as can the arched construction of the central support pillar. The platform edge that is visible would be for northbound trains to Leicester and Nottingham. Note the graffiti - now a familiar site on the old Great Central line.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Hartley, R. F.
Datecreation - 1977-06
TypePhotographs - Black & White
Formatdimension.H - 127mm
dimension.W - 177mm
IdentifierDE 1897/3
SourceRecord Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - DE 1897
copy of - Original Negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Rugby Central Station, Hilmorton Road, Rugby, Warwickshire (O.S. Ref: 451300 274900)
period - 1977-06
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
RightsHartley, R. F.