Printout from The Last Main Line:

Girder overbridge and signals at Princes Risborough

Girder overbridge and signals at Princes Risborough

L1900. This is the girder overbridge that crossed the Great Western & Great Central Joint Line just south of Princes Risborough Station, Buckinghamshire. Both lines of permanent way have been laid, although the track on the left has yet to have the ballast packed over the sleepers. A small temporary signal box can be seen beneath the bridge. At the centre of the picture, beyond the bridge, is the permanent signal box. This section of the Joint Line was built by Mackay & Davies of Cardiff between 1901-1905.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1905
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - Q 2/3
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 479900 202300)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland
period - circa 1905
RightsLeicestershire County Council