Printout from The Last Main Line:

Construction of a girder underbridge near Braunston and Willoughby Station

Construction of a girder underbridge near Braunston and Willoughby Station

L1887. These are the two girder underbridges (bridge No. 468) that carried the Last Main Line into Braunston and Willoughby Station. Two separate bridges were required because the nearby station was built to an 'island' design, and the two lines of permanent way had to split to pass either side of the platform. Note the fact that the embankment has not yet been built up to the abutments. This section of the line (Contract No.4, Rugby to Woodford) was built by T. Oliver & Son.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - P 6/9
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Willoughby, Warwickshire (O.S. Ref: 452400 267200)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council