Printout from The Last Main Line:

Junction and signal box near Culworth, Northamptonshire

Junction and signal box near Culworth, Northamptonshire

L1872. Looking towards a signal box on the Great Central main line, this is a view of Culworth Junction, the site where the Banbury Branch connected with the London Extension. The picture was taken on 14.4.1900, less than two months before the completion of the branch line. Note the point rodding in the foreground, and the permanent way still without its layer of ballast.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - 19000414
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 116mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - P 2/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Culworth, Northamptonshire (O.S. Ref: 455500 250000)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland
point - 19000414
RightsLeicestershire County Council