Printout from The Last Main Line:

Signal box and permanent way near Hucknall, Nottinghamshire

Signal box and permanent way near Hucknall, Nottinghamshire

L1871. Looking north at a Great Central signal box beside newly laid permanent way in a shallow cutting near Hucknall, circa 1898. Visible beyond is a girder overbridge. Note the upturned wheelbarrow and the wheel set of a small trolley. This section of the Line (Contract No.1, Annesley to Leake) was built by Logan & Hemingway.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1898
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 116mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - P 1/4
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Hucknall, Nottinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 453200 348400)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland
period - circa 1898
RightsLeicestershire County Council