Printout from The Last Main Line:

Locomotive at Loughborough Central Station

Locomotive at Loughborough Central Station

L1866. After the London Extension closed in 1969, the Main Line Steam Trust purchased the section of the old railway between Loughborough Central and Belgrave & Birstall stations. While the Trust prepared the railway to carry steam hauled passenger trains, they ran ex-industrial locomotives at Loughborough to give cab and brake van rides. Here we see Hawthorn Leslie & Co. built, 0-4-0 saddletank Marston, Thompson & Evershed No. 3 (No. 3581 of 1928) approaching the Northern end of Loughborough Central platform in 1973.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Wain, M. J.
Datecreation - circa 1974
TypePhotographs - Colour
Formatdimension.H - 23mm
dimension.W - 35mm
IdentifierDE 4332/65/23
SourceRecord Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - DE 4332/65
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Loughborough Central Station, Loughborough (O.S. Ref: 454400 319400)
period - circa 1973
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
RightsM. J. Wain