Printout from The Last Main Line:

Culvert near to Woodthorpe Road bridge, Loughborough

Culvert near to Woodthorpe Road bridge, Loughborough

L1847. Built to carry the Last Main Line over a stream, this is the culvert near to the Woodthorpe Road girder bridge, photographed on 21st August 1897. Note the permanent way has been laid, but the ballast has yet to be packed over the sleepers. Henry Lovatt & Co. of Wolverhampton was the contractor responsible for building this section of the Railway (Contract No.2, Leake to Aylestone).
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - 18970821
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - O6/15
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Loughborough, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 454500 317800)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
point - 18970821
RightsLeicestershire County Council