Printout from The Last Main Line:

Girder overbridge and permanent way near Loughborough

Girder overbridge and permanent way near Loughborough

L1846. Looking north along the permanent way at the girder overbridge which took the Woodthorpe Road across the Last Main Line. Visible beyond is another girder structure, this one the bridge built to carry the Loughborough to Leicester Road (now the A6). Note the water tower on the left side of the cutting, and the drainage pipes by the wing walls of the bridge.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1898
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - O6/14
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Loughborough, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 454500 317800)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1898
RightsLeicestershire County Council