Printout from The Last Main Line:

Girder overbridge and wooden drains near Loughborough

Girder overbridge and wooden drains near Loughborough

L1845. Temporary wooden drains beside a line of contractor's railway, photographed south of Loughborough, Leicestershire. The girder bridge (No. 337) was built to carry the Loughborough to Leicester Road (now the A6). This section of the London Extension (Contract No.2, Leake to Aylestone) was constructed by Henry Lovatt & Co. of Wolverhampton between 1894-1899.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - O6/13
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Loughborough, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 454500 318200)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council