Printout from The Last Main Line:

Girder overbridge and contractor's railway near Loughborough

Girder overbridge and contractor's railway near Loughborough

L1844. A line of muddy contractor's railway passes under the girder bridge (No. 338) built to carry the Loughborough to Woodthorpe road over the London Extension. This section of the Last Main Line (Contract No.2, Leake to Aylestone) was constructed by Henry Lovatt & Co. of Wolverhampton between 1894-1899.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - O6/12
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Loughborough, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 454500 317800)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council