Printout from The Last Main Line:

Signal box at Quainton Road junction, Buckinghamshire

Signal box at Quainton Road junction, Buckinghamshire

L1804. Metropolitan Railway signal box at Quainton Road Junction, Buckinghamshire, circa 1897. Looking along the line towards the two bridges, the Great Central's London Extension came under the girder structure on the left, and went on to join the existing Metropolitan rails seen here in the foreground, prior to entering Quainton Road Station. Walter Scott & Co. of Newcastle upon Tyne was the contractor who built this section of the Last Main Line (Contract No.6, Brackley to Quainton Road).
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1900
TypePhotographs - Black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 162mm
IdentifierNewton - N 4/1
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Quainton Road, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 473100 219500)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1900
RightsLeicestershire County Council