Printout from The Last Main Line:

Girder Bridge over Nottingham Road, Loughborough

Girder Bridge over Nottingham Road, Loughborough

L1500. Having crossed the Midland Railway Station a few hundred yards to the right of this picture, Loughborough's Nottingham Road was then crossed on the way to Nottingham. This girder structure is very similar to many others that carried the London Extension between London and Annesley, typified by the lattice parapet. Three navvies can be seen walking beneath the bridge which has still to be connected by the embankments on either side. Behind the photographer was the huge Falcon Works, later to become the home of Brush.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographic prints - Black & White
Photographs - 
Formatdimension.H - 156mm
dimension.W - 119mm
IdentifierNewton - H 7/12
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Nottingham Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 454400 320500)
period - circa 1897
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
RightsLeicestershire County Council