Printout from The Last Main Line:

Navvies at Rugby, Warwickshire

Navvies at Rugby, Warwickshire

L1435. Navvies leaning on their spades at Rugby, Warwickshire, circa 1897. The navvies are working on the southern most end of Contract No. 3 (Aylestone to Rugby), built by Topham, Jones & Railton between 1894-1899.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographic prints - black and white
Photographs - 
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - G 3/5
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Rugby, Warwickshire (O.S. Ref: 451700 275500)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council