Printout from The Last Main Line:

Viaduct construction, Leicester

Viaduct construction, Leicester

L1413. Construction of girder underbridge, St. Augustine Street (now St. Augustine Road), Leicester, circa 1897. This bridge formed part of the long viaduct that was built to carry the new Line across much of the city. The viaduct was built by Henry Lovatt of Wolverhampton, the contractor responsible for Contract No. 2 (Leake to Aylestone) of the London Extension.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographic prints - black and white
Photographs - 
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - F 7/8
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - St. Augustine Street, Leicester (O.S. Ref: 458000 304300)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council