Printout from The Last Main Line:

Goods depot construction

Goods depot construction

L1409. Construction of Leicester goods yard, circa 1897. The church spire in the centre of the photograph belongs to the church of St. Mary de Castro. This section of the Line (Contract No. 2, Leake to Aylestone) was built by Henry Lovatt of Wolverhampton.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - 
Photographic prints - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - F 7/4
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Leicester, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 458000 303700)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council