Printout from The Last Main Line:

Navvy Mission hut, Calvert, Buckinghamshire

Navvy Mission hut, Calvert, Buckinghamshire

L1389. Navvy mission hut, Calvert, Buckinghamshire, circa 1897. Mission huts were either placed in existing buildings such as barns, or like this one, they were purpose built. Inside these stations, both the furniture and the teaching was simple and functional. This mission would have served those navvies working on Contract No.6 (Brackley to Quainton Road) built by Walter Scott & Co. of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - 
Photographic prints - black and white
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - F 2/3
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Calvert, Buckinghamshire (O.S. Ref: 468000 224000)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council