Printout from The Last Main Line:

Woodford Station Master's house.

Woodford Station Master's house.

L1335. When building the London Extension, the Great Central Railway provided houses for the Station Masters at each station along the line. For the most part, these houses were identical, bar one or two minor differences, meaning that a house at Whetstone would be that same as the one at Charwelton, for example. The picture shows the house built for the Woodford & Hinton Station Master, complete with well tended garden. The Station Master, Mr. Coulson, poses outside his house with his wife. Judging by the ivy on the wall, the house has been complete for some time. It would have been built by Walter Scott & Co. who were responsible for the construction of this section of line.
Publisher
ContributorLeicestershire County Council
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1899
TypePhotographic prints - Black & White
Photographs - 
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - E 2/4
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationpart of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
copy of - glass plate negative
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Woodford Halse, Northamptonshire (O.S. Ref: 454000 252500)
period - circa 1899
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
RightsLeicestershire County Council