Printout from The Last Main Line:

Contractors' 0-6-0 saddletank locomotive, H. LOVATT No. 4.

Contractors' 0-6-0 saddletank locomotive, H. LOVATT No. 4.

L1075. Manning Wardle & Co. 'K' class 0-6-0 saddletank, H. LOVATT No. 4, No. 533 of 1875. This contractors locomotive is pictured with her two crew at Loughborough, Leicestershire, circa 1897. Henry Lovatt of Wolverhampton was the builder responsible for the construction of Contract No. 2 (East Leake to Aylestone). The engine's first owner was J. Bayliss & Son, Hull Docks, and was it was originally called GODFREY. Note the tipping wagon and its cargo of barrels.
PublisherLeicestershire County Council
Contributor
Creatorpersonalname - Newton, S. W. A.
Datecreation - circa 1897
TypePhotographs - Black and White
Formatdimension.H - 118mm
dimension.W - 161mm
IdentifierNewton - CL 76
SourceS. W. A. Newton Collection - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
LanguageEN
Relationcopy of - glass plate negative
part of - S. W. A. Newton Collection
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Loughborough, Leicestershire (O.S. Ref: 454300 319400)
Location.Current Repository - Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
period - circa 1897
RightsLeicestershire County Council