Montage of transport images. Follow this link to skip navigation.
Link to the canal archive Link to the rail archive Link to the aviation archive

The Transport Archive

Link to home page
Link to canals section
Link to railways section
Link to aviation section
Link to learning zone
Link to about this site
Link to send feedback
Navigation ends

Filton Church, Filton, Bristol

Filton Church, Filton, Bristol

Back to table of results
G1989. This is Filton Church in 1908. This postcard was sent on the 30th May 1908, to someone living in Toulouse in France, at a time when there was no famous affiliation of Filton with Toulouse. Of course by the late 1960's and 1970's there was a great connection between the two cities with Concorde production! It seems like a pre-ordained symbol of what was to be. On the back of the postcard the stamp shows the head of George V, the King at the time.The church was extended in 1960/1 to cope with the increased population of Filton, which by extension could be due to the aviation industry at Filton.
PublisherAvonvale Series J.B. & S.C.
ContributorJackie Sims
Creatorcorporatename - Avonvale Series J. B. & S.C.
Datecreation - c1908
TypePostcards - Photographic postcards
Postal stationery - Postal cards
Formatdimension.W - 140 mm
dimension.H - 90 mm
Identifier24
SourceAvonvale Series J.B & S.C.
LanguageEN
Relation
CoverageLocation.Creation Site - Filton, South Gloucestershire
point - 05301908
RightsJackie Simms
OS